Thursday, January 18, 2007

January on Apalachicola Bay

Just a short post about Monday's adventure.

Sunday evening, we ran into Steve Harris at Harry A's while dining with Ron and Lois Dickey. After we ate and had some drinks, Steve suggested we have a go at the reds on Monday. My social calendar being booked pretty solid, it took me about sixty seconds to agree, so the trip was on!

Since my trolling motor batteries had been acting up, I got up early Monday so I could test them and get over to the marine dealer to get that problem resolved. After turning in the defective one and getting the temporary replacement installed, going through the pre-underway checklist,and hitching up the boat, I was finally on my way to pick up Steve, Tom Slocum, and Ed Mitchum. I had talked earlier to Ed about going with me and since his social calendar is about as full as mine, he thought he could squeeze in a few hours of fishing.

Finally, we got the boat in the water and proceeeded to have some nice action, catching several redfish on the flats north of the island. Tom is pictured here showing one of the beautiful redfish we caught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home